Tuesday, September 8, 2009

2000

9/05
This Saturday I went for a relaxing ride to Pictograph Caves State Park. I say relaxing because, even though it's a dang hard climb, I geared way down and took it easy. I was in no rush. I just took in the scenery and the fresh air. After climbing out of the park, I decided I wasn't done yet and went through Lockwood for several more miles totaling 33 miles for the day. I had plenty of energy to install a closet door when I got back home. We went to Chuck-E-Cheese's afterwords with the girls. I don't think I'll ever have enough energy for that place. I'm tired just thinking about it.
Pictograph Caves State Park

9/06
I took Monday, Labor Day, off from riding and the family
and I drove out to Yellowstone by means of the Beartooth Highway. I'm sure Sarah will post more about that on our blog with pictures and such so I won't expound much on that. However, I will say that it was quite the experience to change a tire at 10,000 ft on top of the Beartooth Pass. I mean, if trees can't grow there, should I really be there in a front wheel drive sedan? It was an amazing drive though.

9/07
Today Mike and I went out for a cold, early morning ride after the long Labor Day weekend. As you can tell from my tone, I just wasn't feeling it this morning. We got back late from Yellowstone last night and it was overcast this morning so the sun never came out on our ride. We took it easy, I think he was feeling the same except he's never cold. We just did flats in town and if it weren't for our conversation while riding, I'd swear I was sleep pedaling. Anyway, I got to try out my new tires today and I really like them. The old tires were making me nervous. I haven't really tested them out with any real speed, hills, or corners yet. I'll just ease into it. We ended the ride at my house and Mike pedaled on to his car. As I pulled into the alley and looked down at my computer. It read 1999.6 miles. I couldn't leave it at that so I pedaled around the block to hit 2,000 miles. That's 2,000 miles on my road bike in a year and 3 months, about 1200 of that I put on this year, plus about 600 miles on my mountain bike. I never thought I'd enjoy riding this much.
2,000 miles

No comments: