Monday, March 8, 2010

It's a Monday

All I can really say is that it's Monday.  That's the only explanation I can come up with.  I had plans for an epic journey in the 50 minutes allotted during my lunch break.  I got the road bike, Skippy, ready this morning and even made some minor adjustments to alleviate some of the skipping of gears.  I was finally ready to go work this morning, a little late already, when I tromped through the muddy alley and hopped onto my bike.   I made it halfway to work when I noticed I didn't have my bike lock.  I turned all the way around and headed back home where I grabbed my lock and took off again.  As I rode I played around with the gears a little and found that my derailleurs still need some tweaking.  At least the chain isn't falling off anymore.

After hopping off my bike at work and reaching for the bike lock I realized it wasn't there anymore.  I retraced my path, backwards on a one way street, until I saw my coiled up bike lock sitting next to the tracks just a hundred yards or so from the point that I turned around when I realized I forgot my lock.  Coiling the lock around my wrist so I wouldn't lose it again, I rode back into work.  I commuted to work twice this morning.  Does that count for anything?

When I got to work, I looked down at my pants and realized that I somehow got grease all over my pant leg.  These are my nice corduroys too!  Then I remembered I didn't bring a towel for showering after the ride.  I should have decided then that it just wasn't meant to be.

But I didn't and my stubborness took over.  At noon, I was all ready to go.  With filled water bottle and helmet in hand, clothing in the pack on my back, I trecked down to the basement to change.  She saw me.  Yes, work called and there was an issue to handle.  By the time I finished up my business, it was too late to go for a ride.  Bummer!   Today is becoming the Monday of all Mondays.  Tuesday will be a welcomed treat.

No comments: