Thursday, October 15, 2009

Black Otter Trail - Part 2

10 miles
54 degrees
20-25 mph winds


I attempted the Black Otter Trail again today, this time on road bike. Sticking to the paved trail I thought I'd be able to get in a few more miles. However, with the 25 mph winds, I didn't move much faster than yesterday. Given our proximity to Wyoming, I thought this picture was appropriate.
I fought the wind the whole way but it was satisfying to be able to ride without bundling up. I got to try out my new jersey today as well. I received my MS tour jersey in the mail last night for raising over $500. Really Sarah and I raised $800 together so we'll try to get her a jersey next year. Thanks to everyone for supporting us. I'll have to post a picture of the jersey because its pretty sweet.

My route varied a little bit today since 1) I found the entrance to the trail, 2) I stayed on the paved trail, and 3) I avoided the heavy traffic of 27th Street through town (I peeled off at Rimrock Rd). I also rode down the hill on 27th at 46 mph today instead of 35 mph on my mountain bike.

No comments: