Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Weeping Wall returns

10 Miles
Two Moon Park
I could feel my back stiffening up and the onset of drowsiness was kicking in as I sat at my desk in my uncomfortable office chair.  Eating lunch and then stealing a quick nap or reading for a few minutes was tempting but I knew that I'd feel much better if I left the office.  Still struggling with the decision several minutes after noon I finally decided to mount the bike and go.  As I started out, I felt I'd made a mistake.  It was chilly and the wind was blowing hard enough that I started to feel sluggish and that was getting into my psyche. 

In what felt like an eternity, I finally reached Two Moon Park.  My back had loosened up and I was ready to go.  Down on the river the wind could scarcely be felt and the sun was shining.  Spring had finally woken up the Weeping Wall and drab shades of brown turned to diverse greens.  It's quite the sight.  Grazing on the trail were two young mule deer that I kept flushing up at almost every turn it seems.  Poor creatures were probably shaking in their hooves by the time I finished my ride deep in the park.  (The young deer aren't as dumb as the older ones that freeze on the trail until you crash into them.)

All in all, it was a very satisfying and refreshing ride that will hopefully give me the energy I need to finish the day.  My last post was titled Therapy.  I had intended it to mean physical therapy but I guess cycling for me is theraputic in multiple ways, just like rollerblading used to be for me.

No comments: