Friday, May 14, 2010

Lost - Part ?(I lost count)

13 Miles
Riverfront Park

I went for a quick ride at Riverfront Park today.  As I was cruising along a familiar trail, I had to come to a halt because of construction equipment sitting in the trail before me.  I asked one of the workers if I could go through or if I needed to go around.  He insisted that I go around.  The only for sure way that I knew of was to back track and then skirt around the other side of the pond on the pavement - BORING!

I finally got into the trails and had a great time.  When it was time to head back, I thought I'd try to get around the construction on the trail side of the park.  I've done it once before but couldn't remember how I did it.  I ended up back at the construction site a couple times before I decided to head deeper into the park to get around it.  The only problem is that there is a marshy area right there and the trails all dead end into it.  I couldn't get myself around the marsh or the trail construction.  I finally gave up and headed back to the pavement.  Because of my mindless meandering through the park, I ended up getting back to the office a half hour late from my quick ride.  I can't say I didn't have fun though.

No comments: