Wednesday, April 21, 2010

To clip in or not to clip in...

7.5 Miles
Black Otter Trail - Rims

Yesterday I didn't have much time for a ride so I chose a short one, mountain biking the rims next to the Black Otter Trail.  For what it lacks it distance, it sure makes up in difficulty with a 200 foot climb before even starting the trail and some hair-raising obstacles.  This is the first time I've done the trail since installing my new clipped pedals and I have to admit that I did chicken out on a few of the obstacles.  Being clipped in riding perpendicular to a steep slope with rough terrain was a little too much for my nerves.  I've discovered that I like more of the smooth trails where I can zip through the trees rather than slowly dropping off rocks and climbing loose sand.  I think its back to Two Moon Park today.

No comments: