Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Hillcrest

15 miles
45 degrees

I decided to take the road bike out today and tried the roads to the South of town. I headed out to South Frontage Road and up South Billings Boulevard to Hillcrest Road. I couldn't believe how fast I was going. I flew up the hill at 20 mph. Its not real steep but it is a climb. Of coarse I slowed was down once I got to the real climbing but because I was so quick at the beginning of my ride, I was able to cram in 15 miles in an hour lunch break including changing clothes. I averaged 17.5 mph today. Sad thing is, I was slower going down the hill than I was going up it. While I was out the wind picked up and I had a head wind for part of the decent. It was still a good ride. I miss going out that direction. Its just so much easier to go East from work.

No comments: