Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A little winter cycling humor

I get told that I'm crazy all the time for riding all throughout the winter, even if its just commuting to and from work.  I got it three times just yesterday.  Usually I defend myself and state that it's not as bad as one might think or talk about how the roads seem slicker in a car than they do on a bike or relate my opinion that I can get to work faster on a bike than I can with a car, especially after scraping all of the windows, warming the car up, driving in and searching for a parking spot before walking the block or two to the office.  I've used the excuse that we only have one car, and even though Sarah rarely uses it either, I leave it at home for her.  Arguing and constantly explaining myself gets old and repetitive.  Lately I've just resigned to the fact that I am crazy and leave it at that.  I've never used the following excuse though.  I'll have to give it a try sometime.

No comments: