Sunday, May 8, 2011

Biking Again!

This week I broke my biking hiatus.  Sarah had to work and since May is bike month, I decided to dust off the road bike and trailer and haul Evie to and from the babysitter's.  It worked out nicely and now Evie is addicted to the trailer.  When I tried to put it away, she came running after me crying "Mine!  Mine!"  It was only seven miles a day but that's four more than I've been doing. 

Then, on Friday I was able to sneak out on a lunch ride to Two Moon Park.  I love that place.  I was so pooped from my 10.5 mile ride that I fear I wasn't very productive the rest of the day.

Yesterday morning I was able to sneak out for another ride to Riverfront Park.  I was determined to make the most of the time I had and ride hard.  And that I did until I took a trail that ended in sand on the river bank.  Not wanting to turn around, I pressed forward, spinning my wheels in the sand, looking for the continuation of the trail.  I thought I saw it several times leading me further and further away until it lead me to a really nice stash of driftwood.  I got excited instantly thinking about how great the wood would look in my fish tanks.  I scavenged several small pieces and then worked my way back into the middle of the park looking for a trail.  When I finally found the trail, I struggled to hold the driftwood and ride at the same time so I found some green saplings and used them to lash the driftwood to the handle bars.  I got some strange looks on the way home!

No comments: